0:42 | Summer schedule reminder
1:01 | Giving lecture slides to students
7:11 | TAPP APP update
8:58 | Sleeping in on weekends
11:20 | Featured topic: Commit to caring for our A&P students
Please nominate The A&P Professor for
The People’s Choice Podcast Awards!
Simply click here to register (free) and select The A&P Professor in the Education category.
Listener nominations close on July 31st.
So now would be a good time.
You’ve probably heard that students don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. Hold that thought.
1 | Summer Schedule
Reminder: episodes released about twice a month during the summer.
2 | Should We Give Slides to Students?
Students often want a copy of our slide presentation before class, so that they can take notes by simply annotating our slides. Is that a good idea?
- The Benefits of Longhand Notetaking Versus Slide Annotations — The Learning Scientists
- How To Take Great Notes Quickly And Easily: A Very Easy Guide: (40+ Note Taking Tips for School, Work, Books and Lectures. Cornell Notes Explained. … More.)
3 | TAPP APP Update
The easiest way to listen to (and follow) this podcast (TAPP Radio) is with the feature-rich TAPP APP
4 | Sleep In On Weekends
Is it okay to sleep in on weekends to “catch up” with sleep lost during the week? Some new evidence from a large study.
- Kevin’s Newsletter (from The A&P Professor, and powered by Nuzzel)
- Sleeping in on The Weekend Could Save You From an Early Death, Says Study (brief summary)
- Sleep duration and mortality – Does weekend sleep matter? (research article)
4 | Commit To Caring For Our A&P Students
Why Kevin is committing to take specific steps to show his students that he really cares about them. And how he is committing to care, no matter what.
- HAPS Instagram
- ProfessorAnatomeme (Aaron Fried’s Instgram)
- Can you find Kevin’s picture with a heart?
- What Happened When I Committed to Loving My Students Unconditionally (article by Kyle Redford)
- [POST-PRODUCTION NOTE: I refer to Kyle Redford as “he” but she is a woman. My apologies.]
- The Transformative Power of Trauma-Informed Teaching (article by Lauren Dotson)
- Resilience (from Harvard’s Center on the Developing Child)
- Caring About Students Matters (a related article by Maryellen Weimer)
- Checking Our Attitudes About A&P Students “These Days” (post from The A&P Professor blog)
The easiest way to keep up with new episodes is with the free mobile app:
Or you can listen in your favorite podcast or radio app.
Click here to be notified by blog post when new episodes become available (make sure The A&P Professor option is checked).
Record your question or share an idea and I may use it in a future podcast!
Please click the orange share button at the bottom left corner of the screen to share this page!
To read a complete transcript of this episode, click here.