Who needs this?
This seminar is of interest to professors looking for ways to support the learning of concepts for the long term.
In a nutshell
This session explores five strategies that can work in any course to move student from short-term learning “for the next test” to the long-term learning they need to carry knowledge and application skills to the next course and beyond.
45-minute, interactive video presentation
Want to know more?
Links and downloads
Spaced retrieval practice
- Spaced retrieval practice (TAPP Radio episode)
- Testing as Teaching (recorded seminar)
- Testing as Teaching ( TAPP Radio episode)
- Test Analysis (Lion Den web page for students)
- Student Success Increases When They Debrief After Tests (blog post for professors)
- Test Analysis Form (worksheet download)
- Learn From Your Mistakes! (blog post for students; includes video showing how to use form)
- Pre-Testing for a Powerful Learning Boost (TAPP Radio episode)
- Pre-Tests as Student Success Tools (blog post for professors)
- Cumulative Testing Enhances Learning (blog post for professors)
- Cumulative Testing Makes Learning Last (TAPP Radio episode)
Last updated: April 30, 2020 at 21:07 pm