Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /homepages/8/d193355235/htdocs/APprof/wp-content/plugins/neko-vcaddons/public/partials/neko-vc-heading.php on line 29
This seminar is of interest to professors looking for ways to support the learning of concepts for the long term.
This session explores five strategies that can work in any course to move student from short-term learning “for the next test” to the long-term learning they need to carry knowledge and application skills to the next course and beyond.
Spaced retrieval practice
- Spaced retrieval practice (TAPP Radio episode)
- Testing as Teaching (recorded seminar)
- Testing as Teaching ( TAPP Radio episode)
- Test Analysis (Lion Den web page for students)
- Student Success Increases When They Debrief After Tests (blog post for professors)
- Test Analysis Form (worksheet download)
- Learn From Your Mistakes! (blog post for students; includes video showing how to use form)
- Pre-Testing for a Powerful Learning Boost (TAPP Radio episode)
- Pre-Tests as Student Success Tools (blog post for professors)
- Cumulative Testing Enhances Learning (blog post for professors)
- Cumulative Testing Makes Learning Last (TAPP Radio episode)
Last updated: November 7, 2018 at 13:56 pm