0:37 | Intro to Bonus
2:00 | Intro to Kevin’s Guide
4:04 | Way Before the Conference
7:51 | Just before the conference
16:11 | Conference basic plan
18:44 | Update days
30:45 | Workshop days
35:34 | Other stuff at the meeting
38:28 | After meeting
“I learn SO much at these things!”
Kevin Patton (at every HAPS Annual Conference since 1990)
1 | Bonus Episode
2 | Kevin’s Guide
- You do NOT need a guide to the HAPS Annual Conference!
- My creds for being your guide.
3 | Way Before the Conference
- Early bird registration rate
- Conference hotel block
- Get to know the HAPS staff (including Skelly)
4 | Just Before the Conference
- HAPS app and website
- Read up on speakers and workshops
- Business cards
- Dress business casual, more or less (mostly less)
- Don’t forget your HAPSwear!
5 | Conference Basic Plan
- Opening reception
- Update seminars
6 | Update Days
- General networking
- Exhibit hall
- Attendance prizes on last update day
- Update seminars
- Fun run/walk
- Business meeting
- Index cards
Kevin’s Law of Professional Development
If I learn just ONE useful thing in a professional development experience, it’s worth it.
7 | Workshop Days
- Committee meetings
8 | Other Stuff
- HAPS Institute
- Field trips
9 | After the Meeting
10 | Subscribe
- Subscribing in a mobile app is the easiest way to keep up with this podcast!
The easiest way to keep up with new episodes is with the free mobile app:
Or you can listen in your favorite podcast or radio app.
Click here to be notified by blog post when new episodes become available (make sure The A&P Professor option is checked).
Record your question or share an idea and I may use it in a future podcast!
Please click the orange share button at the bottom left corner of the screen to share this page!
To read a complete transcript of this episode, click here.