TAPP Radio Episode 11
Test Debriefing Boosts Student Learning
0:46| Has a new organ been discovered?
4:56 | Featured topic: debriefing after a test
1 | Interstitium: A New Organ?
Has a new human organ discovered? Or is this news mostly hype? Or is the answer somewhere in the middle?
- Structure and Distribution of an Unrecognized Interstitium in Human Tissues (original research report)
- Newly-discovered human organ may help explain how cancer spreads (article about the original report)
- That “New Organ” Everyone Is Freaking Out About Is Probably Not New (article outlining criticism of the original report)
- Is the Interstitium Really a New Organ? (another article interprets the original report)
- Is This Tissue a New Organ? Maybe. A Conduit for Cancer? It Seems Likely. (yet another opinion)
- The Human Organ Discovered in 2018 (and we have another opinion)
2 | Test Debriefing
Testing can be a powerful learning strategy. Debriefing after each test can leverage the learning value of tests and boost learning even more.
- Test Analysis (Lion Den web page for students)
- Student Success Increases When They Debrief After Tests (blog post for professors)
- Test Analysis Form (worksheet download; Lion Den downloads page; short URL: lionden.com/downloads.htm)
- Learn From Your Mistakes! (blog post for students; includes video showing how to use form)
The easiest way to keep up with new episodes is with the free mobile app:
Or you can listen in your favorite podcast or radio app.
Click here to be notified by blog post when new episodes become available (make sure The A&P Professor option is checked).
Record your question or share an idea and I may use it in a future podcast!
Please click the orange share button at the bottom left corner of the screen to share this page!
To read a complete transcript of this episode, click here.