Episode 56 Intro
TAPP Radio Preview Episode
A brief preview of the upcoming full episode, featuring upcoming topics (macrophages in joints, sugared RNA, lab models, and more on scoring misspellings)—plus word dissections, a book club recommendation (The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking Concepts and Tools), and more!
00:19 | Topics
01:24 | Sponsored by HAPI Online Graduate Program
01:53 | Word Dissection
18:36 | Sponsored by HAPS
18:57 | Book Club
21:00 | Sponsored by AAA
21:16 | Staying Connected
- Update on new type of RNA called glycoRNA
- Update on barrier macrophages in joints
- Safely labeling anatomy models for lab practicals
- Continuing the conversation about grading misspellings
Sponsored by HAPI Online Graduate Program
The Master of Science in Human Anatomy & Physiology Instruction—the MS-HAPI—is a graduate program for A&P teachers. A combination of science courses (enough to qualify you to teach at the college level) and courses in contemporary instructional practice, this program helps you power up your teaching. Kevin Patton is a faculty member in this program. Check it out!
- formative, summative
- (lab) practical
- rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- Y RNA
- oligosaccharide, monosaccharide
- N-glycan, O-glycan
Sponsored by HAPS
The Human Anatomy & Physiology Society (HAPS) is a sponsor of this podcast. You can help appreciate their support by clicking the link below and checking out the many resources and benefits found there. There are a bunch of 1-day regional workshops scattered all over the continent. There’s probably one near you coming up this year (or next)!
- The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking
- by Richard Paul, Linda Elder
- Special opportunity
- Contribute YOUR book recommendation for A&P teachers!
- First five submitted and used will be in a drawing for a Kindle Fire HD 10 tablet
- Any contribution used will receive a $25 gift certificate
- The best contribution is one that you have recorded in your own voice (or in a voicemail at 1-833-LION-DEN)
- Check out The A&P Professor Book Club
Sponsored by AAA
- A searchable transcript for this episode, as well as the captioned audiogram of this episode, are sponsored by the American Association for Anatomy (AAA) at anatomy.org.
Now you’re ready for the full Episode 56
Click here for the episode page with audio player and show notes.
Need help accessing resources locked behind a paywall?
Check out this advice from Episode 32 to get what you need!
(If no link or player are visible, go to https://youtu.be/JU_l76JGwVw?t=440)
This podcast is sponsored by the
Human Anatomy & Physiology Society
This podcast is sponsored by the
Master of Science in
Human Anatomy & Physiology Instruction
The easiest way to keep up with new episodes is with the free mobile app:
Or wherever you listen to audio!
Click here to be notified by email when new episodes become available (make sure The A&P Professor option is checked).
To read a complete transcript of this episode,
Transcripts & captions supported by
The American Association for Anatomy.
Record your question or share an idea and I may use it in a future podcast!
Toll-free: 1·833·LION·DEN (1·833·546·6336)
Please click the orange share button at the bottom left corner of the screen to share this page!
Tools & Resources
TAPP Science & Education Updates (free)
TextExpander (paste snippets)
Krisp Free Noise-Cancelling App
Snagit & Camtasia (media tools)
Rev.com ($10 off transcriptions, captions)
The A&P Professor Logo Items
(Compensation may be received)
Last updated: December 5, 2019 at 20:33 pm